I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Writing Crap

Today's Small Thing is to do something halfway. Kind of a kick in the pants of the Messy Perfectionist.

Basically, go do something half-assed, because half-assed is better than no ass at all. *gg* I just like saying 'ass.' It's the inner 12yo coming out again.

I already know what I'm going to do halfway. I'm going to write crap. Turn off the internal editor, not worry about finding THE perfect word, but just get as much of the story down as I can. I can fix and fiddle and tweak later, but today, I'm giving myself permission to NOT write perfectly.

Also, I might do a half-assed job of cleaning up my kitchen.

*snicker* Why is that word so funny?

ETA: There. I washed the dishes, but I haven't wiped off the countertops. Ok, I'll probably do that before I start to cook, but I've got to go run errands now, so I'm leaving the counters for now. A job half-done!

No comments:

Post a Comment