I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mope Day

Ok, so I didn't do yesterday's Small Thing. I also didn't exercise or drink a bottle of water. I should have realized it, but yesterday was a regularly scheduled Mope Day.

It's like the first day of a TDY. I always took that day to sit around and mope. Eat chocolate. Watch movies. Read.

Since yesterday was the first day that everyone went back to school/work, it didn't occur to me that I'd feel like I needed to mope, but I really did.

However, I'm only allowed one Mope Day. Today, I have to pull up my socks and get with the program!

Today's Small Thing is "Minimum Maintenance." Basically, spending a few minutes every day straightening up so it never becomes a real monster.

Speaking of cleaning, today I'm having a cleaning service come and do an estimate. I don't need anyone in weekly or even bi-weekly. Just a monthly service to come help so it doesn't get out of control. It's been almost two months since the last cleaning and the place could do with a good cleaning.

ETA: I did it! I just went through all the rooms and picked up for a few minutes. The house looks much better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment