I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Not my best week

It really hasn't been. I've been in a funk all week.

The house is running pretty smoothly. Dinner worked out most nights -- except last night when it took 7 hours to crockpot chicken that should have cooked in 3-5. I had to improvise, so we had Eggs Florentine instead, which is just a fancy way of saying sauteed spinach with poached eggs...and I overcooked the eggs.

I went to the gym one day this week.

I've been hanging out at the Steampunk Workshop I mentioned, but I'm not enjoying it. When the heck did Steampunk turn into nothing more than a new venue for vamps, weres, demons and zombies?!?

Maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but most of the stories that people seem to be writing are just regular paranormals with a thin veil of brass and cogs.

And when I asked if there was a market for Steampunk that didn't have magic or paranormal elements, I was informed that it would probably end up getting sold as Sci-Fi Romance, which is a really bloody difficult sell.

I'm grumpy. I'm going to Bunco tonight, though. Maybe that'll lighten my mood.

This is the anti-Merry.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are in a funk... read this post from one of the other company girls if you haven't yet. it might just do the trick and cheer you up!

    http://wildflowerthinking.blogspot.com/2010/01/hiding-and-hoarding.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you in the funk...it seems many of us a funkalicious this week...wonder what that is all about? I am feeling better though with all the bolstering I am getting from the Company Girls! Here's hoping you will feel better soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the weather...too many grey and brown days cause a funk...at least up here in Canada anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you had a bad week. Next week can only get better, right? Hope the weekend lifts your spirits!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Cari! The rain came down on us this week, and although we really needed it, it was just too gloomy and we were stuck indoors.

    And in response to your comment about the google reader, when you subscribe to someone, it goes onto your reader list. When that person blogs, it'll show up in your reader. That way you don't have to go to the person's site everyday or so to see if they have blogged or not. It even keeps track of if you read the blog or not by percentage, so if there are blogs that I always "Mark as Read", then I usually just delete it. Since you have a blogspot blog, I'm assuming you have gmail, and thus can "follow" other sites...that should show up in your reader.

    Anyhow, I hope that your weekend has been getting better. I hate when recipes go awry. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for coming by! You really brightened my weekend. :)

    This week, I plan to work on being more productive and having a better attitude.

    In other words, I'm going to Be Merry or die trying! *lol*

    ReplyDelete