I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Friday, January 8, 2010

A week of Small Things

I did all right this week!

The house is in decent shape although my bedroom could really do with half an hour of serious effort.

The kids are on their 2nd snow day, and we went sledding yesterday! I hate the cold, but that was a lot of fun.

Dinner has been homemade and on time all week.

I interviewed a housekeeper who will come in once a month starting next Tuesday -- and I can afford her! I interviewed 3 people and the other two both charged nearly twice as much!!

Janet Napolitano is either 1) a complete and utter moron, or 2) has her foot shoved so far down her throat it will never, ever, ever come out and she should stop talking immediately. You're doing a heckuva job, BrowJanet!

The writing is going well! I've made significant progress on 3 stories this week.
*I started with a new paranormal romantic comedy short for a Free Read that will come out this summer.
*Then I switched gears to my Victorian romance. Very formal voice. Completely different from the rom-coms.
*And last night, I decided to work on another wip (work in progress). A paranormal romantic comedy about a Gorgon and a foul-mouthed mercenary.

This has been a very, very good week!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome week! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh the blessing of a housekeeper, how nice. I nearly got to the end of the week with home made dinners, but then today went wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week you've had :) it's amazing how much good momentum makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cari, it HAS been a good week! Thank you!

    Zoe, I feel kind of selfish, but just having her come in once a month is going to take a huge load off my shoulders.

    Bash, I'm on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A housekeeper..wow! Knowing me I'd probably go around and clean the house before she got here! My kids love it when I give them homemade dinners....unfortunately, it doesn't happen very often! :0(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the thing, 2nd. In order for her to really clean, I have to make sure the place is tidy!

    And it's a good thing I got a gift card to my favorite bookstore, because my royalties and book budget are going toward paying her, rather than taking it out of the general fund.

    Must write faster!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great week. And it also looks like the two of us like the same genre to write in. Good luck with all the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You write romance, too?!? Get out! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy lady! Your momentum is inspiring. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete