I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wow, was yesterday not my day.

I watched bad TV all day long. Didn't write. I did make the bed in the morning, and finally got the kitchen cleaned. Made dinner and did one load of laundry.

Last night, I got to take Monkey Boy to his pack meeting where they watched "Down and Derby." Again. Every year, the month of the Pinewood Derby, they watch that movie. I sit out in the hall and read because there is not enough chocolate in the world to make sitting through that dumb movie worthwhile.

On the plus side, I did finally finish reading my anthology -- and I liked all the stories!!

The weird thing, though, was that my story was far and away the steamiest. I think my steam-meter must be off somehow because I do NOT write what could be labeled erotic romance. I read plenty of stuff that's marketed as ER, but mine doesn't come up to that bar. Trust me. I mean, I don't fade to black by any means, but that was kind of a surprise.

I should find out by Feb 1 whether the editor wants my last story or not. I almost pray not. Because it was bad. And I don't want to have to face it in edits.

And I was able to start reading a new-to-me book by Laura Kinsale, who is my absolute most favoritest historical romance author. Her "Flowers From the Storm" is the top of my list for historical romance. Flawless. So it's with great eagerness that I've begun "Seize the Fire."

Also, I'm going to the gym today come hell or high water. Neither of which are likely, to be honest, so I have no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment