I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Gah!

Ok, so yesterday didn't quite turn out as well as I'd have liked.

I mean, I did the Min Maint and the house was all picked up. Even the kitchen got to an 85% solution -- not great, but it's been tons worse. And I was able to put the finishing touches on my Valentine's Day story, but that was about it.

I didn't get all my errands run, dinner didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, and the kitchen's a wreck again. Even though the housekeeper is coming in today, I just feel like there's no way I can get it all done.

I hate to wake up feeling overwhelmed, you know?

There are some days where you look around after a day of working and you feel accomplished.

Yesterday was not that day. I look around and go, what happened? Nothing I did made even the slightest difference!

Not to mention, I didn't sleep well and had nightmares about my dog being lost (I think) and then covered in fleas. Like, a carpet of them. It was horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment