I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Schedule

I checked out today's Small Thing and, honestly, it's not as bad as I was afraid it might be. In fact, it's extremely generous, as far as schedules go.

I still can't do it, but it's nice to know that I can let go of my FlyLady/Martha Stewart/June Cleaver sphincter-tightening impulse. (Sorry. Having a Wayne's World moment.)

I tend not to say, "It's Wednesday. That means it's time to ... whatever." Because I guarantee that trying that is the surest way to get me to park it in front of a marathon of Lifetime movies.

Instead, I think I'm liking the Min Maint thing because as long as I'm picking up, I often do a little bit more.

For instance, this morning I was putting a load of towels in the wash, which meant I had to do some clearing out of DD's last load, which she had left folded, but on top of the machines.

I got the towels in the machine, then realized that I had finally used enough of my bucket of homemade detergent that I could probably pour it into an empty bottle now.

As long as that was done, I suddenly had space where the 5-gallon bucket used to be. May as well clean off some of the other stuff on the counter. 15 minutes later, my laundry room is tidier than it's been in months! I even cleared out the drawers of gloves, taking the singles and putting them in a basket in the hall closet where I collect the strays.

So it may not be scheduled, but it's in my head. Maybe that's all it ever needs to be.

Hmm. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment