I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Monday, February 1, 2010

The blast was contained

Thanks to everyone who stopped by and read and commented on my Friday post!

The weekend actually turned out pretty well.

Oliver did have surgery on Friday. He's always had a sensitive stomach and when he feels icky, he eats grass to try to make himself throw up. It turns out that he ate so much grass, though, that some of it wove itself together into a mass in his stomach that blocked everything from moving on. Over half a pound of grass. My dog thinks he's a cow. The vet said it's only the second time she's seen that in 26 years.

He's recovering very well. Has staples rather than stitches, but he can't get to them to lick or pull them out because they're so high on his belly. Yay!

The Pinewood Derby turned out great, too! DS won 2nd place in Best Concept Car! He didn't win any of the races, but he's been carrying that trophy with him since he won it. Seriously. He takes it downstairs to watch TV, he brings it to the dinner table, he takes it to his room with him to sleep.

Yesterday, we were huge layabouts. I read 5 books. It was awesome. I made my Moroccan Meatballs in Tomato Sauce with Poached Eggs for dinner. Tonight is a crockpot Italian Sausage Stew.

And for more great news, I lost 2 lbs! I don't like that I have to do Slimfast to do it, but it's working. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment