I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Friday, February 12, 2010

A fairy tale for your Valentine's Day

A couple of years ago, I decided to try a new style of writing and came up with a tweaked version of one of my favorite Norse fairy tales.

I posted it on my author website and people seem to enjoy it, so I thought I'd give it to you here.

(The story has been deleted while I revise it for publication.)

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just read over it again and realized that I had a couple of formatting errors, including a missing line! Whoops! I've fixed it now and it does read more smoothly. There's also a comma splice or two that I know I missed. My apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story. It kept me glued to the computer until I finished it. Wow.

    Thanks for stopping in at my blog. I've been tweaking things. Come check out the new and improved Pocket Challenge!

    http://theverylatestthing.blogspot.com/2010/02/pocket-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete