I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Forgetful

I wonder if normal people do this, or if it’s a function of my ADD, or what. I can’t remember big things that happen.

I mean, I remember my kid’s birthdays and when I got married, but I was trying to think today of when I had my hysterectomy. I know I had it in September, the year we moved from England to South Carolina. But that’s it. I define time by where we lived, not WHEN we lived.

I forget how old I am. Sometimes I’m older, sometimes I’m younger. Well, I’m not often younger. *gg* I have to do the math to remember, which is okay because at least I was born in an easy year to add from — 1970. Unlike my dh, who was born in ‘62, which is harder to do sums from.

I think I need to write a master list of where I’ve lived and the years we were there. I mean, I know that we moved from Louisiana to Virginia on The Monkey Princess’s 1st birthday, so I can figure out when we did that. And that we celebrated Monkey Boy’s 1st birthday in temporary quarters at RAF Lakenheath, so I can do that math.

But man, I wish I could just remember stuff like regular people.

How do y’all do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment