I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

New reading

Obviously, I did some serious glomming onto Lora Leigh. Some pretty uneven writing, imo. Some books were really wonderful, others were just a thin plot strung together with sex scenes. Not good.

I finally finished reading Seize the Fire by Laura Kinsale, who is one of my all time favorite historical romance authors. I think she writes amazing heroes. Her heroines are ok, but I read for the heroes. This one had pretty severe PTSD, depression, suicidal thoughts. He was awesome!! Yeah, I'm weird that way. *lol*

So now I'm reading The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins. It's said to be the first English detective novel. I love Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh and Dorothy L Sayers, so I'm looking forward to this.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a huge pile of books to get through. I usually travel quite a lot so get through them, but I've not been away since November so they are starting to pile up. I need to get back into it, more travelling next month.

    I saw you comment at Rachel Anne's and wondered if you have ever tried making a quiche pastry yourself and if you have a recipe? I'm going to try out your filling idea.
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is the pastry maker in our house. He uses Martha Stewart's Pate Brisee recipe for the food processor. I, however, am FAR too lazy. ;) I just use the pre-packaged kind, especially since quiche is often one of those 'don't feel like thinking much about dinner' sorts of recipes for me.

    http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/pate-brisee-pie-dough

    ReplyDelete