I'm a wife and a mom.
I've been married for 15 yrs to a great, steady guy.
I have two funny, bright kids -- a 12yo girl and a 9yo boy.
I'm not a great housekeeper, but I try.
I'm a very good cook.
We try to eat naturally, seasonally and locally,
but life isn't worth living without Oreos.
I could stand to lose 25 lb. (It's those Oreos.)
Mostly, I muddle along and mostly, people let me.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Haven't decided yet

I haven't decided yet whether I'm going to quit writing or not. I have a couple of blog posts to do, but unless my editor picks up my latest submission -- which she shouldn't because it sucks -- I think I may hang this up.

I'm not succeeding and I can't take it. I understand that my bar is unreasonably high. I understand that I will never, ever make that jump. I've been throwing myself at it for years, but because of what I write and how I write, I'm not going to make it to the top.

I suppose I have succeeded to some extent. I am published. I get paid. I have readers, I suppose. To a lot of people, that's success.

I don't even really know what my definition of success is, to be honest. Is it NY? Maybe.

But once I get there, then what? The bar keeps moving.

I'm deciding. By Jan 1, I'll have made my decision, for better or worse. I'll either be a writer, or I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment